Welcome!

I started this blog because I wanted to do a daily/weekly devotional and wanted a place to write my thoughts. If you would like to join me on my journey and study with me, please let me know. I used to be in a women's Saturday morning Bible study and really loved it. My hope is that this could be my online Bible study with some close friends. If you have an idea, topic, or program you would like to try please jump on board!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Glad Game

Pollyanna Faith

Isn't it wonderful when something is on your heart for a long time and God sends a little message your way so you know you are on the right track!! I wrote this post on Sunday, May 24th over on my family blog and then I checked my devotional on this sight and this is what it said:

Romans 8:28 KJV: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

In her 1913 book, "Pollyanna," Eleanor Hodgman Porter tells the story of an orphaned little girl whose tenacious attempts to find the good in all things, often rubbed hard against the people she was near. While they would bemoan the bad in life, she would respond with something good, then speak her familiar mantra like phrase: "You can be glad about that," she´d say. In time, the hearts and lives of those close by were changed and given hope. Sometimes it seems we forget the power in a positive word. Sometimes we underestimate the hope we can stir in others simply by searching out for ourselves the good that God can bring-and finding ways to pass it along. Some think a Pollyanna faith is unrealistic, and only found in fiction. But let´s not forget that in all things, bad or good, we have a very realistic hope that God can and will work all things together for good. And we can truly be glad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and find some of the material uplifting and helpful in your walk with the Lord!